- trying out my new Manga Studio brushes. Love them fb.me/1NGl7gXVS 11 hours ago
- This morning I am working on the cover for issue Two of @GMcCumiskey 's Innocent Tales. Its shaping up to be a great anthology! 1 day ago
- More Panels Get Issue One here: tommiekelly.com/1-available/ fb.me/2cLkRO0OA 2 days ago
- So this is looking likely for DICE this year. The entire Road Crew storyline (including From Rags To Rockstars)... fb.me/2N9NXKoXh 2 days ago
- More from issue Two of THEM. Get issue One here: tommiekelly.com/1-available/ fb.me/2qAkG4ixr 3 days ago
TagsA.S.H after school hero Alex Raymond Al Williams Al Williamson artist office ash black and white Comic Art comic history Comics DOWN For Sale Frank Miller girl grant morrison IDW ink Interview interviews James Bond moments Morning Coffee NEW KELLY ART Newspaper Strips Noir Images Office pencils Portraits process junkie Pulp Ravensdale Rip Kirby Road Crew Secret Agent Corrigan The Asian The Holy Numbers The Seekers The Tommie and Liam Show todd McFarlane video Will Eisner Window Girl woman work space
There is something about Al Williamson’s art that makes me feel that comics have taken a wrong turn somewhere. I mean some of his stuff is over 40 years old and looks fresher and frankly, much superior to most of our modern conterparts. I think comics have got hung up with one genre and suffer HUGELY because of this. It’s like comics and superheroes are the same word of something. I think this is a bad thing.
Anyway, here is some amazing art.
Check out more on ComicArtFan’s Al Williamson Section
It’s all things Alex Raymond at the minute. I found out about him while researching old newspaper style strips and then he turns up as the main Guy in the latest issue of Glamourpuss. Who is he you say, well, He created Flash Gordon that’s who. Anyway check out his stuff with this handy Google Books preview of Vol.1 of RIP KIRBY
ORIGINAL COMIC ART
I found this site recently and have spend hours on it. Full to the brim with scans of original comic artwork. If you are into that sort of thing that you’ll find it fascinating.